Networker

Re: [Networker] Recover to different box

2008-04-10 13:21:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recover to different box
From: Randy Doering <rdoering2 AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:16:35 -0700
----- Original Message ----
From: "Warden, Kim" <kwarden AT MPR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 12:45:37 PM
Subject: [Networker] Recover to different box

Hi all,

Have a dead SUN box.  Need to relocate restore of that box's latest
backup to a Celerra NS20 NAS.  I've heard it's possible...?

Question:
What would be the relocation path that should be specified in Networker
Legato for restoring from the backup tape of one box to the disk of
another box?  Legato continues to attempt to restore the data to the
original drive location (albeit a different folder as specified in the
"relocate" field).

Environment:
Networker 7.2.2 jumbo
Backup tape of SUN Sparc running Solaris 8
Want to restore to Celerra NS20 NAS running Linux OS
- this NS20 is also a Networker backup client

Many advanced thanks to all for any insight/help!

~ Kim

I would create a file system on the Celerra, NFS mount it on your Networker
server and specify that mount point as the restore location.

Randy