Networker

[Networker] lus_add_fp_drvs not working correctly...

2008-04-10 08:24:39
Subject: [Networker] lus_add_fp_drvs not working correctly...
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:17:38 +0100
I have a problem configuring a solaris server to use some tape devices so that
it is a Networker Storage Node. The tape devices are shared with a Networker
Server and they work correctly. The tape devices have been presented to the
solaris server and they are seen by the Solaris OS and they have been created
as device files in /dev/rmt

  The inquire command will not list the tape devices with the correct device
file names of /dev/rmt/1cbn and /dev/rmt/2cbn (there is a locally attached tape
device using /dev/rmt/0cbn and i have also removed in case it was the cause fo
the problem). The inquire command will show the tape devices with the correct
WWN and Serial Number but no device file name after Tape:

  Originaly I could see just one of the tape devices using the inquire command.
I eventually manually edited the lus.conf so that it scanned the fibre port of
the switch WWN using Target 0 Lun 0,1 and 2. Now i can see both tape devices
listed using the inquire command. This shows that the lus.conf was not created
correctly in the first place but Networker Support just keep telling me to
re-run lus_add_fp_devs - which actually makes the problem worse as it
reconfigures the lus.conf to scan just one Lun.

  A scan of the storage node using the NMC also fails.

  Are there any know issues with lus.conf and inquire? How can i get the
inquire command to successfully see the tape devices with the correct device
file names.

  The server is Solaris 8 running networker 7.3.3. The tape library is a HP MSL
using the built in SCSI-Fibre converter to connect to the SAN.

  Thanks for any suggestions, Mark