Networker

Re: [Networker] Upgrade (license) required? to upgrade from 7.1.2 to 7.4.1

2008-04-10 06:08:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Upgrade (license) required? to upgrade from 7.1.2 to 7.4.1
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:03:28 +0100
Davina Treiber wrote:
coco3 wrote:

i downloaded the installation guide 7.4 and found  at pages 121:

Upgrade from any version (v5 - v7.3) to 7.4 doesn´t need an update enabler.

Can someone confirm me this ?

That's what it says - but I am convinced that it is wrong. If you need an update enabler to go to 7.3 then surely you need an update enabler to go from pre-7.3 to 7.4.x.

You don't need an update enabler to go from 7.3.x to 7.4.x, but I think all the entries above that should say "yes".

In fact - the more I look at this table, the more I think it is total garbage. For example 7.0 to 7.1 certainly doesn't need an update enabler (although the table says it does), and there are plenty more examples like that.