Networker

Re: [Networker] nsradmin - external editors are not yet supported

2008-04-09 23:56:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsradmin - external editors are not yet supported
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:51:28 +1000
On 10/04/2008, at 4:55 AM, Preston de Guise wrote:

Howard,

On 10/04/2008, at 12:09 AM, Howard Martin wrote:

Major retraction
I don't know what I thought I was doing last Friday but looking at it
today then going into nsradmin then typing type:nsr does NOT put me into
the vi editor.

However, once you print a query in nsradmin on Unix/Linux platforms, you can then usually type "vi" and be put into a vi editor.

This does make it easier to edit some resources if you're in a rush, need accuracy, and don't have access to NMC.

Proves I shouldn't post until I'm fully awake...

"vi" goes into visual mode.

"edit" runs your currently set editor - normally "vi".

Cheers,

Preston.