Networker

Re: [Networker] networker nmc and java...

2008-04-09 12:33:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] networker nmc and java...
From: f_x <f_x AT GMX DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 18:28:09 +0200
I'm using this workaround on WinXP and W2K3.

- install JRE 1.5(parallel with 1.4/6 is ok) on your Windows Box
- load the NMC jars from your NMC Server ( http://nmcsrv:9000/ )
- ignore the errors
- copy the jars from
  %APPDATA%\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javaws\http\Dst-nmcsrv\P9000
  to another dir (maybe your desktop\nmc)
- create nmc.cmd on your desktop
  @echo off
  cls
  SETLOCAL
  set JAVA_HOME=PATH_TO_JRE_1.5.0
  set JRE_HOME=%JAVA_HOME%
  set JDK_HOME=%JAVA_HOME%
  set PATH=%JAVA_HOME%\bin\;%PATH%
  set JAVABIN=%JAVA_HOME%\bin\javaws.exe
  set NMC=%CD%\nmc\AMgconsole.jnlp
  %JAVABIN% %NMC%
  ENDLOCAL
- change <j2se version="1.4+" to <j2se version="1.5" in nmc\AMgconsole.jnlp
- run nmc.cmd

I hope this helps.
f_x