Networker

[Networker] Problem installing client on Tru64 Unix

2008-04-08 16:07:06
Subject: [Networker] Problem installing client on Tru64 Unix
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 16:01:45 -0400
I have an old Tru64 Unix V5.1A box which was running the NetWorker 6.1 client. I want to install NetWorker 7.4.1 on it. Its been a few years since the last time I did anything on Tru64 Unix so maybe I am doing the install wrong. I removed the old client with "setld" but setld won't let me install the new client.

Here's what happens when I try ...

# /usr/sbin/setld -l .

The subsets listed below are optional:

There may be more optional subsets than can be presented on a single screen. If this is the case, you can choose subsets screen by screen or all at once on the last screen. All of the choices you make will be collected for your confirmation before any subsets are installed.

     1) EMC NetWorker Client
     2) EMC NetWorker Driver & Storage Node
     3) EMC NetWorker License Manager
     4) EMC NetWorker Server

Or you may choose one of the following options:

     5) ALL of the above
     6) CANCEL selections and redisplay menus
     7) EXIT without installing any subsets

Estimated free diskspace(MB) in root:1188.3 usr:1401.9 var:8031.6

Enter your choices or press RETURN to redisplay menus.

Choices (for example, 1 2 4-6): 1
Your choice:
1 LGTOCLNT741 EMC NetWorker Client
cannot be installed as one of the required subsets is not available.
PLEASE BEGIN YOUR SELECTIONS AGAIN.

The subsets listed below are optional:

There may be more optional subsets than can be presented on a single screen. If this is the case, you can choose subsets screen by screen or all at once on the last screen. All of the choices you make will be collected for your confirmation before any subsets are installed.

     1) EMC NetWorker Client
     2) EMC NetWorker Driver & Storage Node
     3) EMC NetWorker License Manager
     4) EMC NetWorker Server

Or you may choose one of the following options:

     5) ALL of the above
     6) CANCEL selections and redisplay menus
     7) EXIT without installing any subsets

Estimated free diskspace(MB) in root:1188.3 usr:1401.9 var:8031.6

Enter your choices or press RETURN to redisplay menus.

Choices (for example, 1 2 4-6):

How do I find out what required subset is missing and how do I obtain and install that subset?

--
Stan Horwitz
Temple University

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: The information contained in this e-mail, including attachments, is the confidential information of, and/or is the property of, Temple University. The information is intended for use solely by the individual or entity named in the e-mail. If you are not an intended recipient or you received this in error, then any review, printing, copying, or distribution of any such information is prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail from your system.