Networker

Re: [Networker] upgrade path

2008-04-08 10:39:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] upgrade path
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 10:33:14 -0400
On Apr 7, 2008, at 1:48 PM, Bruce Breidall wrote:
OK, that makes sense. It is more of a migration path, which I can see as
being useful.

I've asked EMC about this avamar client for NW, and I still have not
gotten any response to the benefits of getting to 7.4.1 to use this new
client, besides maybe what you have provided - a migration path.

The bigger question is why would EMC invest in 2 completely different
backup products?

They are not different in terms of being opposing choices. Avamar is simply an option to do client side deduplication, which comes in handy in certain situations.