Networker

Re: [Networker] Server Recovery using Windows PE or Bart PE

2008-04-07 11:29:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Server Recovery using Windows PE or Bart PE
From: "Cox, Shawn" <Shawn.Cox AT PCCA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 10:24:07 -0500
I do not think Networker will do what you are after.  I have never had much
luck with the process of system DR within networker.  Granted I'm still at
v7.2.2 so it may well be better handled in newer versions.

What you probably want is something like Symantec BackupExec System Recovery or
Acronis True Image.  I leverage BESR heavily and have moved completely away
from Networker for system state backup.  The BESR system recovery disk is a
Vista PE environment that is fully customizable.

--Shawn