Networker

Re: [Networker] Confused about setting volume to readonly and manual

2008-04-04 13:07:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] Confused about setting volume to readonly and manual
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 16:59:20 +0000
On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 12:40:12PM -0400, MIchael Leone wrote:
> > nsrmm -e/-w <time> -S <SSID>
>
> OK! ... So I need to get a list of SSIDs from this volumes - got that.
> Then I need to do something like:
>
> nsrmm -e "year" -w "year" -S <SSID>
>
> ("year" being the name of a policy I already have, with a period defined
> as "1 year")

Very close.  But what is fed is not a "policy" but an nsr time.  So you
could give an explicit date or a relative time.

In your example, 'year' will not be interpreted as a policy, but as the
time represented by "one year from now".

You could replace "year" with "two years", and it would be interpreted
as "two years from now".

Give it a try and examine the retention:
# mminfo -av -q 'ssid=<ssid>' -r 'ssbrowse,ssretent'

> I can change the client definitions to use the "year" policy, but that
> won't affect any SSIDs created before the change, right? Hence the need to
> do the "nsrmm -w / -w" commands.

With modern versions of networker, I belive that is correct.