Networker

Re: [Networker] Confused about setting volume to readonly and manual

2008-04-04 11:09:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Confused about setting volume to readonly and manual
From: Teresa Biehler <tpbsys AT RIT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:00:54 -0400
How long do you need to retain the data?  For ease of restores, it
sounds like changing the browse and retention times for the savesets may
be a better way to go.  If you can generate a list of savesets, the
browse and retention times can be altered by doing something like this:

for ssid in $ssids
do
  /usr/sbin/nsrmm -S $ssid -w new_browse_time -e new_retention_time
done

After this, the data won't be overwritten and you won't need to run
scanner.

Enjoy.
Teresa