Networker

[Networker] Backups of Large clients 1+ TBs

2008-04-03 15:40:55
Subject: [Networker] Backups of Large clients 1+ TBs
From: mgolden <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 15:33:05 -0400
[quote]
How can you do differential on SQL databases? I thought a MSSQL: backup
was *always* forced to FULL, even if you set it to incremental. I tried
setting one of my jobs that does a SQL DB backup to incremental, and it
said it was forcing it to FULL. This is using the NW SQL Module 5.x on NW
7.4.1.

Or did you mean filesystem backup, as opposed to the actual SQL DBs?

[quote]

98% of the time when I see an incremental (log) backup backing up the whole
database it's because a DBA went in and changed the database from "full"
recovery mode to "simple" - and didn't tell us.

Networker will most definitely backup full, differential, and incremental (log)
backups of SQL though.