Networker

Re: [Networker] Top 20 (or so) misunderstood things about NW

2008-04-01 09:07:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] Top 20 (or so) misunderstood things about NW
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:04:40 -0500
Hello,
Some of my concerns are
1. Ability & expertise to use nsradmin, mminfo, nsrck cmd line utilities
effectively to manage Legato.
2. Media Management.
3. Networker Notification and Configurations, reporting on failed backups.
4. jbconfig and simplification of Lib\Device setups.
 r later reviews or Edit.
6. Ability to script or tune Devices\LIbrary for DR where you may need to
quickly unconfigure\reconfigure devices.
7. Replication of networker server  for DR purpose and ability to failover
to another master server in case of problems
8. Integration of AlphaStore like program into base Networker for media
tracking\management.
9. Name resolution process.
10. SAN and VMWARE backup options.
I understand there have been some improvement in functionality due to java
GUI etc, however, this long standing issues with Legato software have not
seen as much attention as it should.
Thanks

Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
03/31/2008 10:18 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject

On Mar 31, 2008, at 6:04 PM, Tim Mooney wrote:
> In regard to: [Networker] Top 20 (or so) misunderstood things about
> NW,...:
>
>> What topics do you think should go on that list?  (I've got my
>> personal
>> preferences, but I don't want to prejudice your thoughts.)  What
>> are the
>> top 5/20/30 things about NW that you think people get wrong?
>
> I would have to think for a while to come up with a list, but one
> issue
> springs to mind immediately -- the meaning of "auto media management".

Hah! That's the first thing that I thought of too.

Another item that comes to mind is when tapes get marked as recyclable.

type