Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem backing up a server with multiple IP addresses

2008-03-28 16:42:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem backing up a server with multiple IP addresses
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:37:17 -0400
On Mar 28, 2008, at 3:27 PM, Fazil Saiyed wrote:
I forget to ask, are all the known alias for the client specified on the
client definitions ?
Is it true that if FQDN is used for client name then it queries DNS first ( short name queries the host file first), i thought servers and host file
was pre-configured in this case ?
for client and the server ? was that not true ?

Yes, all the aliases appear in the client entry. To answer Tim Mooney's question, I actually tried putting in an /etc/hosts file entry for all the aliases on both client and NetWorker server as follows ...

155.247.166.60 www.ocis.temple.edu www.temple.edu www accessibility.temple.edu plannedgiving.temple.edu diamonddollars.temple.edu cs.temple.edu ed.temple.edu mj.temple.edu acm.temple.edu cla.temple.edu cms.temple.edu crc.temple.edu nsr.temple.edu pab. temple.edu ual.temple.edu www.crc.temple.edu www.csc.temple.edu www.cte.temple.edu www.chem.temple.edu www.csis.temple.edu www.mpip.temple.edu www.scat.temple.edu www.tufw.temple.edu www.tucat.temple.edu www.ambler.temple.edu www.parents.temple.edu ww w.patents.temple.edu www.research.temple.edu www.pennypack.temple.edu www.fscampaign.temple.edu www.careerteched.temple.edu www.disabilities.temple.edu www.neurosurgery.temple.edu www.challengeandchange.temple.edu bioq.temple.edu csnet.temple.edu phet e.temple.edu tuweb.temple.edu alerts.temple.edu bursar.temple.edu devnet.temple.edu prodes.temple.edu content.temple.edu parents.temple.edu webhelp.temple.edu beanurse.temple.edu calendar.temple.edu jcompass.temple.edu sfsworld.temple.edu ssn2tuid.tem ple.edu tusecure.temple.edu webfocus.temple.edu community.temple.edu education.temple.edu phonebook.temple.edu usability.temple.edu annualfund.temple.edu classpride.temple.edu cvresearch.temple.edu harrisburg.temple.edu techcenter.temple.edu granthiri
ng.temple.edu philapeople.temple.edu disabilities.temple.edu

That didn't help. The SA who's in charge of the client assured me that iptables is off and I can "rpcinfo -p wwww.ocis.temple.edu" and see the nsrexecd port.

I just finished a webex session with an EMC tech and they are still looking into it. I am going to call over to our network manager to see if they have any insight into this issue.