Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem backing up a server with multiple IP addresses

2008-03-28 12:44:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem backing up a server with multiple IP addresses
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:40:57 -0400
On Mar 28, 2008, at 12:32 PM, Howard Martin wrote:
On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:30:09 -0400, Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote:

On Mar 27, 2008, at 12:26 PM, Fazil.Saiyed AT anixter DOT com wrote:

Hello,
Would adding static IP  route and a host name entry help ?
you may have to look into having two NICs on the separate network.

It already has a static IP route and host name entry. I am not sure if adding a second NIC can be done; its a blade. I will ask the SA who is
responsible for this server about that option.

But is it a static host or static net route, if your flavour of linux
allows it then setting a static route using the IP you want to just the backup server (as a host) should force it to use just that IP to talk to
the backup server.

The client in question is Red Hat Linux. I am not at all a Linux guy. How do I determine what kind of route is in use on that client and force it to use the backup server's IP address?