Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem backing up a server with multiple IP addresses

2008-03-27 15:43:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem backing up a server with multiple IP addresses
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 14:38:37 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] Problem backing up a server with multiple IP...:

I have a Linux box that has two IP addresses on its eth0 interface. The
client resource references one of those IP addresses. The other IP
address has a few dozen references in ifconfig. I am having trouble
getting NetWorker to back up this client just over the IP address and
host name that I want to use. The NetWorker server is 7.4.1 under
Solaris.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, let me know.

Try setting the "Backup command" property for the client.  That, often
in combination with the "Server network interface" (we have multiple
interfaces on most of our big clients and on our NetWorker servers),
generally allows us to get by these issues, though EMC periodically
changes the rules WRT client behavior and name resolution.

The Backup command should look something like

        save -c the.client.name.you.want.to.use.here

e.g.

        save -c owl1.temple.edu

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                        Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                   (701) 231-1076 (Voice)