Networker

Re: [Networker] Temporary increase cluster licenses ?

2008-03-27 12:33:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] Temporary increase cluster licenses ?
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 11:31:05 -0500
This is a problem we all run into from time to time.

You can usually get a temp enabler from your Networker sales rep.

If not, they have some temp enablers in the old Media Kits that they
used to send out - not sure if you have any of those old media kits.

And you will have a problem, if a year from now, you need to restore a
backup from one of those clusters. You will need enablers when you go to
restore them.   At least it's that way with Exchange and SQL - I assume
it's the same with Cluster licenses.

David M. Browning Jr.
IT Project Coordinator Enterprise Backups and Help Desk