Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.2.2 on Sun X4500 using AFTD and zfs

2008-03-25 14:13:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.2.2 on Sun X4500 using AFTD and zfs
From: Attila Mester <Attila.Mester AT SUN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 19:06:45 +0100
We have been using the X4500 storage server in many projects as storagenode without problems. The Solaris x64 as storagenode is a supported plattform (they have even special licenses for it), and the X4500 is a regular AMD CPU based system, not more, not less. I can not imagine any reason why EMC telling it not being supported. I would not lose any sleep over this either :-)
regards  -attila

Attila Mester                           5 Digit Sun internal: x62534
Data Protection Architect                  Tel: (+49 89) 46 008 2534
Sun Microsystems GmbH                      Fax: (+49 89) 46 008 2583
Sonnenallee 1                                Mobil: +49 172 812 5947
85551 Heimstetten / Germany              mail: attila.mester AT sun DOT com