Networker

[Networker] When and how does Networker populate the alias of a client?

2008-03-24 10:37:50
Subject: [Networker] When and how does Networker populate the alias of a client?
From: bbemis <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 10:31:48 -0400
I've noticed that when I create a new client using the shortname, Networker at
some point will automatically insert an alias entry of the client's FQDN. When
and how does that occur? Is there any way for me to have Networker
automatically update that alias entry?

We currently do not have an AD deployed, and our client vlan is set up (by
other admins) so that the FQDN of a machine is based on it's DHCP address, and
since those IP addresses are sometimes recycled, the DNS of the client changes.