Networker

Re: [Networker] Need help in restoring files from old tapes that *do* have index on them

2008-03-20 14:30:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Need help in restoring files from old tapes that *do* have index on them
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 14:28:09 -0400
Slightly tangetntially ... suppose I have tapes that *do* have the index
on them. And I want to load them on a different NW server from the one
they were created on, and then do a directed recovery that way.

(I need to recover some files created by a NW server at one of my remote
sites, and I don't feel like going out there with the tapes and doing the
restore. I have a NW server here at the data center. I'd like to read the
index off the tapes here, do a directed recover from here)

How would I go about doing that? Is that also "scanner -m"? Or is the
command different, since these tapes have the index file saved on the
tape? Is it "scanner -i"?

Still somewhat confused
Thanks