Networker

Re: [Networker] index default browse and retention

2008-03-19 16:50:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] index default browse and retention
From: Michael Nored <mrnored AT NETZERO DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 16:46:49 -0400
I also agree that resetting the individual save set retention and browse
period will work fine in most cases but I can see that being an issue in a
large environment as you could be talking about thousands of save sets. As
for as deleting savesets that haven't reached their expiration date I would
have to question why they were on the same tape with savesets that have a
shorter retention period. That being said I agree with you if you are mixing
savesets with varying retention periods on the same tapes then deleting the
tapes will not work

Michael Nored
Consultant
Nored Consulting, LLC