Networker

Re: [Networker] index default browse and retention

2008-03-19 11:08:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] index default browse and retention
From: Teresa Biehler <tpbsys AT RIT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:56:53 -0400
We have at least 3 client definitions for each client.  In fact, in some
cases (Exchange, MS SQL), we have more than 3.  We do this to get the
data retention and pool separation that we need for our daily, weekly
and monthly backups.  Initial set-up was not fun, but it is not too
difficult to manage. You do, however, need good processes including
scripting common tasks (creating clients, updating groups, etc.).

-Teresa