Networker

[Networker] Please help... nsrexec: authtype error on Windows XP client

2008-03-18 09:58:00
Subject: [Networker] Please help... nsrexec: authtype error on Windows XP client
From: telmore <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:54:15 -0400
mgolden wrote:
> Question for ya... if I read this right:
>
> * client.domain.com:All rcmd client.domain.com, user root: `savefs -s
> server.domain.com -c client.domain.com -g Laptops -p -l full -R -v'
>
> This means it's trying to run the "savefs" command on the client with user
> "root".  But being a Windows box this doesn't work too well.   :)
>
> Do you have "root" in the "remote user" field in the "Apps & Modules" tab of
> the client config?  If so then delete those fields and it should work.

No, "root" is not in the "remote user" field... the field is empty. The client
config in Networker is *identical* to several other WinXP machines that do not
have any issues, so I don't think our problem is there.

mgolden wrote:
> Also is this just one Networker server backing this up or are there storage
> nodes involved?  I've seen this when the client is supposed to backup to a
> storage node but is missing a route so it can talk to the primary server but
> not a storage node.  Then the probe job works fine like this but the savefs
> command dies since it can't talk to the storage node it's supposed to save to.
>
> Let us know if this helps at all!

This is a server with several storagenodes. That suggestion makes sense... but
the client can resolve the hostnames of the storagenodes (forward and reverse),
so it should work fine. How else would I check? Also, the client backs up
properly when the savefs command is run manually from the client, and it
doesn't have any problem seeing the storagenodes in that case.