Networker

[Networker] RAP error - not enough licenses

2008-03-17 08:25:37
Subject: [Networker] RAP error - not enough licenses
From: Phil Myers <PMyers2 AT CONEMAUGH DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 08:17:22 -0400
Hello, group.

Whenever I add a new client to a group in NW 7.3.2 and try running the
group it is assigned to, I get the following error for a few days:

"RAP error: Unable to grant SERVER (UNIVERSAL) CLIENT license to client
lhfileserver2: Too many clients.  Maximum is 122".  The client will not
save to tape.  We have 5 free client licenses available according to
nsrlic.  We will see this error for a few days (not always the same
number of days) and then it will inexplicably clear up, and the client
will start saving.  A reboot of the legato server does not help.  EMC
support could not correct this for me and suggests that I upgrade to
7.3.3, a step which is a last resort.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Phil