Networker

Re: [Networker] monitoring staging operations

2008-03-15 14:03:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] monitoring staging operations
From: Thierry FAIDHERBE <Thierry.Faidherbe AT SKYNET DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 19:00:18 +0100
There are different ways. Here are some simple.
Maybe describing which kind of monitoring you think
about may pop-up other solutions.

1) gathering ssid being staged from disk to tape :
Mminfo -q volume=Disk.001,copies=3 -r ssid,client,name

Why copies = 3 ? Simple : copy is related to ssid.
1 copy on writable disk.001 volume,
1 copy on read-only disk.001.ro volume,
1 begin staged.
-> you know which ssid is being staged

2) another way is to gather list of ssid before staging
With mminfo -q volume=disk.001 -r ssid,client,name
During nsrstage, compare ssid from that list with new
Mminfo so you can get how many ssid have been staged and
Use new mminfo output as reference for following one

3) if no new backup are dumped to disk during staging,
just mminfo -q volume=disk.001 -r ssid,client,name
should list remaining list to stage.

4) If you want to monitor how many data still must be
staged : mminfo -q volume=disk.001 -r written
You will get remaining data on volume. (faster than
summing each ssid's size.

PS : It is always safe to run "nsrstage -C -V <volume>"
after nsrstage, this to clean/remove file/advfile devices
from ghosts ssids.

HTH

TH