Networker

Re: [Networker] Batch Client Changes

2008-03-14 21:12:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Batch Client Changes
From: Tim Nicholson <tim AT MAIL.USYD.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 12:09:46 +1100
I wish that EMC would update the manual pages to reflect the
new functionality.  It is not in the UNIX manual entry for 7.3.3.

On 15/03/2008, at 11:41 AM, Preston de Guise wrote:

On 15/03/2008, at 8:39 AM, Davina Treiber wrote:

Rob Sterba wrote:
Or instead of "update", you could use "append" example
nsradmin> . type: NSR client; name: redhat4
Current query set
nsradmin> show
Will show all attributes
nsradmin> show name; storage nodes
nsradmin> print
name: redhat4;
storage nodes: redhat4;
nsradmin> append storage nodes: nsrserverhost
storage nodes: nsrserverhost;
Append? y
updated resource id 25.0.44.2.236.10.75.71.195.214.75.152(4)
nsradmin> print
name: redhat4;
storage nodes: redhat4, nsrserverhost;

Ooh nice tip - I never knew that.

I wonder whether it's a new feature? I don't recall it in v5.x/v6.x at all.

Either way it's great to see it there!

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy", due out August 15 2008:

http://www.crcpress.com/shopping_cart/products/product_detail.asp? sku=AU6396&isbn=9781420076394&parent_id=&pc=

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can access the archives at http:// listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or