Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker wanting mount of AFTD on wrong storage node?

2008-03-13 17:01:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker wanting mount of AFTD on wrong storage node?
From: Howard Martin <howard.martin AT EDS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 13:10:06 -0400
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:20:22 +0100, Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
wrote:

>So, if I don't have DDS, and have staging which makes some recovers
>require data from both disk and tape, how can I ensure that it will work
>every time? Ie not come into a deadlock like this. IMHO I think networker
>should be smart enough to figure out that it has to wait for a tape device
>on node sn02 to become available if such a limitation does indeed exist.

The only way I know of to make it work is to move some media so that all
the required save sets are on one storage node.
Yes I agree Networker should have the smarts to figure it out.

>So, I wonder if I should regard this as a bug and open a case, or just add
>this to the list of stupid things networker does?

I'd think that EMC would not think of it as a bug, but might repond to a
R.F.E. to improve it. I'd add it to the list of stupid things as well
possibly just ahead of Networkers ability to use a jukebox with mixed tape
drives for backups but not for restores.