Networker

Re: [Networker] NMO - Script Rman

2008-03-12 11:05:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMO - Script Rman
From: Doug Brown <Doug.Brown AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:01:49 -0500

Mathew

We run rman then do

oracle@aesnsra2:/export/../rman > rman

Recovery Manager: Release 9.2.0.7.0 - 64bit Production

Copyright (c) 1995, 2002, Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

RMAN> @connect.E03

connect.E03 contains the login/password for both catalog and target

RMAN> connect CATALOG rmanE03/<password>@rmanp01.world
connected to recovery catalog database

RMAN> connect TARGET orabkup/<password>@E03.world
connected to target database: E03 (DBID=3412146287)

RMAN> **end-of-file**

RMAN>

then execute the scripts to do the backup

Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>

03/12/2008 08:36 AM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond to
Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc
Subject
Re: [Networker] NMO - Script Rman

While RMAN supports having backup scripts stored in the RMAN database, the Legato Networker Module for Oracle doesn't. You must have the user/password in the script, however you can set the mode to 700. I'm sure the security audit folks won't be happy, but I don't think there are any other workarounds.