Networker

Re: [Networker] Client Recover

2008-03-11 13:17:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client Recover
From: Troy Kutil <Troy.Kutil AT MILWAUKEETOOL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:46:50 -0500
OK. For this particular client I went to the client properties, deleted
the client alias', and then saved my changes. Opened the client again and
networker repopulated the alias. Now I can run the networker user from
that client. Maybe I manually entered something incorrectly.

Troy Kutil
Phone 262-783-8289
Fax 262-373-5689
Milwaukee Electric Tool

"Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
03/11/2008 11:28 AM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
"Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [Networker] Client Recover

Check your fully qualified domain names in the client definitions.

It might be looking for mks00w051.milwaukeetool.com or something similar
to that (depending on domain name).   This could be added in the ALIAS
field, and you might want to put it in the remote access tab to cover
all of your bases.

David M. Browning Jr.
IT Project Coordinator Enterprise Backups and Help Desk