Networker

[Networker] Restore issues: nsrndmp_recover: NSR server <host>: busy

2008-03-10 07:36:21
Subject: [Networker] Restore issues: nsrndmp_recover: NSR server <host>: busy
From: Mark Craven <mark.craven AT S3GROUP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 11:25:05 +0000
Hi there

I'm doing some restores on our old backup system.  It's a Solaris 8
host running Networker 7.2 with a DLT drive. (our production system's
an LTO solution on Linux).  Our storage device is a NetApp filer.

I've brought up the old system, and have the tape I want to restore
from.  I can do an inventory and run "scanner" successfully.

When I try to do a restore, this happens:

root@plato 113# nsrndmp_recover -S 926585434 -c plato -s plato -R /nsr/Recovery/

I get this message
nsrndmp_recover: Performing recover from NDMP type of device
nsrndmp_recover: NSR server plato: busy
nsrndmp_recover: waiting 30 seconds then retrying...

and it seems to do this until I interrupt it.

Has anybody seen this before or have any tips/thoughts?

Thanks & Regards
Mark

                  Mark Craven -  Senior Systems Engineer

  IT Department                     Phone:     + 353-1-291-1314
  Silicon & Software Systems (S3)   Reception: + 353-1-291-1000
  South County Business Park        Fax:       + 353-1-291-1001
  Leopardstown                      E-mail:    Mark.Craven AT s3group DOT com
  Dublin 18                         Seri:      markc@irls3su1
  Ireland                           Web:       http://www.s3group.com

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential
and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you
are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or
retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this
e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: communications AT s3group DOT com.
Thank You.
Silicon and Software Systems Limited. Registered in Ireland no. 378073.
Registered Office: South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18