Networker

[Networker] Automate device creation / deletion ?

2008-03-08 20:13:19
Subject: [Networker] Automate device creation / deletion ?
From: Roger Penrose <lotro.sub01 AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 19:52:36 -0500
Hi,

I know that I can do *most* things from the command line, but it has always
been a problem to script the setting up or deletion of devices. I was hoping
the list could help me find the optimal ways to do this?

On *nix server there ARE ways, but they are clunky at best, for example here
is a delete of "mydevice" using piped commands to nsradmin :

( echo ". type: NSR device; name: mydevice" ; echo "show name" ; print ;
echo delete ) | /usr/sbin/nsradmin -i -

My question is, what methods do users on the list use to create or destroy
many devices in NetWorker so that this can be scripted most efficiently?
Also, if possible, I would greatly appreciate methods on Windows as well as
*nix?

Regards,

Roger.