Networker

[Networker] Recover backup from UNC-mounted AFTD

2008-03-08 19:00:40
Subject: [Networker] Recover backup from UNC-mounted AFTD
From: Terry Lemons <lemons_terry AT EMC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 18:43:04 -0500

Hi

I've followed the "NetWorker Administration Guide" instructions to set
up a UNC-mounted network file share as an AFTD device on my NetWorker
for Windows V7.4 SP1 Windows 2003 system.  I've labeled, mounted, and
done a backup to this AFTD device.  But, when I try to do a recover, I
get:

"no matching devices on 'server' for recover by client 'tivo1'"
"enabled or check device; volume tivo1.001.RO is needed"

Volume tivo1.001.RO is definitely mounted.  I've unmounted/mounted both
the RO and regular AFTD volume, even rebooted the Windows system, but I
keep getting this error.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
tl