Networker

Re: [Networker] Diskbackup - Waiting...

2008-03-05 14:27:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Diskbackup - Waiting...
From: Troy Kutil <Troy.Kutil AT MILWAUKEETOOL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 13:24:00 -0600
Thanks. I did that and got a little further now.

Troy Kutil
Phone 262-783-8289
Fax 262-373-5689
Milwaukee Electric Tool

Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
03/05/2008 09:02 AM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject

On Mar 5, 2008, at 9:55 AM, tkutil wrote:

> Waiting for 1 writeable volume????
> I just configured diskbackup for testing, created a new ADV_FILE
> device and pointed to a share \\mks00s02\networker, and changed my
> group/client to use the hardware device. Obviously, it is not
> working. Should I have used a mapped drive instead. There
> permissions are wide open and I can login to the backup server and
> open the share without being prompted for username & password. What
> gives? :(

Did you create a media pool for the device and mount it on the device?
The process is the same as for tape drives.

type