Networker

Re: [Networker] Upgrading Networker & moving to a new server

2008-03-04 08:12:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Upgrading Networker & moving to a new server
From: "Coty, Edward" <Edward.Coty AT AIG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 08:10:05 -0500
I would go from 6.1 to a pre 7.3 version. Say 7.2. You will need an
update enabler to activate. Once there you can then upgrade to 7.4.1.
Depending on how big your datazone is you could move the entire nsr file
system over to the new server with a different name and IP. Do not start
networker. Stop the old server and rename and re-ip. Now rename and
re-ip the new server to the original name. Start networker. You would
not have to recover any indexes this way.

If a large datazone and the index and media db are large I would do the
mmrecov using the bootstrap. You can then use the new server name. Just
make sure you stop the old server so as to not get any licenseing
issues.

EDWARD COTY
LEAD STORAGE ENGINEER, LCNA, NACP
WORK - 973-533-2098