Networker

Re: [Networker] How to schedule a Grandfather-Father-Son rotation?

2008-03-03 15:36:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to schedule a Grandfather-Father-Son rotation?
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 07:03:05 +1100
On 04/03/2008, at 4:09 AM, Vince Howard wrote:

This is very close the set up I have at my work.  I couldn't find any
way to set this up that avoided multiple schedules and overrides, which
of course are updated at the  start of each year.  Basically, I think
you already know what has to be done  :o\

You can always use the "unsupported" schedule overrides such as:

skip last friday every month

or

full last friday every month

etc.

The only "gotcha" with this is that it has to be the _last_ override specified, OR if you go and set some other manual overrides in the GUI, it will over-write the generic overrides above. Other than that, they work a charm.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy", due out August 15 2008:

http://www.crcpress.com/shopping_cart/products/product_detail.asp?sku=AU6396&isbn=9781420076394&parent_id=&pc=