Networker

[Networker] How to schedule a Grandfather-Father-Son rotation?

2008-03-03 11:48:30
Subject: [Networker] How to schedule a Grandfather-Father-Son rotation?
From: bbemis <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 06:36:40 -0800
I'm new to Networker, so I apologize if this is a dumb question...

I'm interested in scheduling a Grandfather-Father-Son (GFS) type tape rotation
in Networker. We're running Networker 7.4sp1 on a Windows 2003 box connected
directly to a Quantum Scalar 50 autoloader. Basically I want to do full backups
at the end of every week (probably on a Sat. or Sun.) with incrementals all
other days of the week. I also want to do a full backup at the end (or
beginning) of every month. Each full backup needs to go to a different pool for
easy archival purposes. I'd be rotating the weekly full backups every month and
the monthly fulls every year. Is there an "easy" way to do this? Or am I going
to have to manually set override skips with multiple schedule, etc.? I'm
looking to make the scheduling as easy to manage as possible. Any advice?

TIA.