Networker

[Networker] After crash nsrmmd sessions spawned

2008-03-02 10:59:09
Subject: [Networker] After crash nsrmmd sessions spawned
From: "Clark, Patti" <Clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 10:52:32 -0500
After restarting networker I'm having "ghost" backup processes running.
Previous groups that were in process when networker was taken down due
to crashes are being "restarted" by nsrmmd processes being spawned.  I
have messages appearing in my daemon.log and more nsrmmd processes being
started than is normal.  No backups are currently running.  Can someone
enlighten me on this and most of all, how do I get it to stop?

Patti Clark
Sr. Unix System Administrator - RHCT, GSEC
Office of Scientific and Technical Information