Networker

Re: [Networker] Switching from Netbackup to Networker

2008-03-01 06:28:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] Switching from Netbackup to Networker
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 12:24:18 +0100
On 2008-03-01 09:39, Srinivas Rao revealed:

SR> I am surprised to see this mail. EMC's support is really good but what made
SR> you to say that EMC's support is worse. I worked on NetBackup and Networker
SR> and both are very good products. However EMC is an Information
SR> Infrastructure provider and obviously going with EMC products will
SR> definitely benefit customers.

This is ofcourse a subjective opinion, but in my experience Legato and now
EMC support is probably one of the worst ones in the industry, when it
comes to support of networker.

SR> On 3/1/08, Vernon Harris <harriv00 AT yahoo DOT com> wrote:
SR> > --- cooke <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM> wrote:
SR> >
SR> > > quality of support?  When major releases go out how
SR> > > buggy are they (not at all happy with Symantec's
SR> > > support of Netbackup/BackupExec, but not sure if
SR> > > Networker is experiencing similar pain after EMC
SR> > > acquisition).   Any comments appreciated - either
SR> > > hardware or on the DL210 if you have experience with
SR> > > the hardware.   Thanks.

The 7.3 series has been a disaster. 7.3.0 was completely and utterly
unusable in so many ways.. And all official releases so far in the 7.3
tree have been too buggy to say that they are stable and fit for a
production envrionment, at least without hotfixes. And hotfixes is a pain
to get. I hear that Mickey believes that 7.3.4 will be a very stable
release, but we shall see.. :)

//Oscar