Networker

[Networker] Switching from Netbackup to Networker

2008-02-29 13:08:56
Subject: [Networker] Switching from Netbackup to Networker
From: cooke <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 08:38:24 -0800
My company is currently using Netbackup (6.0 MP5) and a STK L180 to backup the
Solaris environment, and BackupExec (11) and a spectralogix T120 to back up the
windows environment.  We are evaluating switching to an EMC DL210 (fully
populated) with Networker for both Solaris and Windows and partitioning the
spectralogix T120.

I would be interested in input on Networker, especially if you have used
Netbackup / Backup exec in the past.  How does it compare?  What is the quality
of support?  When major releases go out how buggy are they (not at all happy
with Symantec's support of Netbackup/BackupExec, but not sure if Networker is
experiencing similar pain after EMC acquisition).   Any comments appreciated -
either hardware or on the DL210 if you have experience with the hardware.
Thanks.