Networker

[Networker] Lotus Notes Client

2008-02-27 10:26:08
Subject: [Networker] Lotus Notes Client
From: rick pim <rick AT POST.QUEENSU DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:24:16 -0500
tkutil writes:

 > Is anyone using Networker to backup Lotus Notes? I have a request
 > to investigate that possibility and want to know what is needed as
 > far as client/licensing and if it works well.

we have one lonely notes box that we back up with just file-based
backup. it has issues (have to restore the entire database, etc) but
overall it works "well enough". we looked at the BSM for notes (back
when it was called the BSM for notes) and were underwhelmed, so we
continued to do it this way. if we were a real notes shop we'd want to
do better, of course.

rp

rick pim                                           rick AT post.queensu DOT ca
information technology services                          (613) 533-2242
queen's university, kingston
"If you don't vote for me I'll kill you all."
      - Brian of the Bat People