Networker

Re: [Networker] Lotus Notes Client

2008-02-27 09:55:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Lotus Notes Client
From: Kenneth Larsen <kel AT STERIA DOT DK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:53:23 +0100
NSF files are live files, or can be, if domino is accessing it at the time
of backup.
You can backup nsf with a regular file save, and in most cases it will be
a useable file. We have done this too.
But today we use the Networker Module for Lotus Notes, as it can handle
the transactional logging and nsf files. And you need that to backup your
notes server correctly, so to speak.
In a restore the module can apply the translog automaticly.
Its a bit cumbersome to setup. but its pretty well documentet.

What is not very well described however is the document level restore,
direclty from the notes client
I mean it works and I can restore, but only from my full backups, and I
can't really seem to be able to select what I wanna restore.
So If anybody knows anything about that I'd like to hear more :)

Med venlig hilsen / Regards
Kenneth Larsen
Steria
Tonsbakken 16-18
2740 Skovlunde
kel AT steria DOT dk - 44506261 - 26306261
With a revenue of ?1.8 billion and more than 18,000 employees, Steria is
one of the top ten IT services companies in Europe. Steria Denmark's
ambition is to reach a yearly growth of 20% in the coming 3 years. We are
assisting our customers with: Consulting, Business Solutions, Project
Management, Lean, SOA, Portals, Application Development, Open Source,
Business Process Management, Document Handling, Business Intelligence,
CRM, Customer Contact Center, Outsourcing, ITIL, Service Desk, Operations,
Hosting, Infrastructure, Security etc.