Networker

[Networker] Help us improve our reporting tool

2008-02-22 10:36:35
Subject: [Networker] Help us improve our reporting tool
From: Kyle Oliver <k_f_o AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 07:34:35 -0800
Hello Networkers,
    I am reaching out to the list in hopes of getting some data from a number
of different environments to help us improve our Backup and Tape Library
reporting tool.  I promise that I am 100% engineer and I will not provide your
email address to our sales and marketing machine to start calling on you.  Here
is a link to our current product page:
http://www.sun.com/storagetek/tape_storage/tape_software/backup_manager/index.xml
(You may know us from our previous days as GSM from Storability or Business
Analytics from Sun as well.)

    That being said, here is the project that I am currently working on: trying
to correlate events data from the tape libraries with events data from
Networker.  To do this, I need to be able to "link" the backup server with the
tape library or libraries that it connected to.  In a one server, one library
environment, this is obviously trivial, but we need to be able to handle
multiple libraries and servers.

If you are willing to help out, here are the commands that I am looking for
output from:
echo print type:nsr jukebox | nsradmin -i -
echo print type:nsr device | nsradmin -i -
nsrjb -V
inquire

(I am open to suggestions for other commands that may be useful as well)

It would also be useful to know the following:
Server OS
Networker Version
Library Model
Drive model(s)

I am not sure that this information will be of great use to anyone else on the
list, so you may want to reply directly to me, rather than posting to the list.

Thanks in advance,
Kyle