Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.x support with AIX 4.3.3 with LTO3/LTO4

2008-02-20 14:27:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.x support with AIX 4.3.3 with LTO3/LTO4
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 19:17:15 +0000
On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 10:50:01AM +0530, Vikash Gupta wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We recently got a LT04 IBM library and using the LTO3 tapes with
> networker 7.1.2 build325 running on AIX 4.3.3 .
>
> The LTO3 tapes while labeling show 100GB only

You can set the capacity to whatever you want on the device (the
attribute is 'volume default capacity'.  The capacity value is only used
for some displays, not for deciding when a tape is full.

> and it's not even loading
> in the new LTO4 drives.

If the drives are different types, then they will not load the same
tapes.

Do you have both LTO3 and LTO4 tapes in the jukebox?  If not, I would
want to define all the drives as the same type (because there would be
no reason to differentiate between the drives).