Networker

Re: [Networker] New hardware for client retaining original name

2008-02-19 21:08:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] New hardware for client retaining original name
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 18:04:55 -0800
Peter,

Thanks, I guess I was thinking about the 7.3 server Peer information
that I'd heard others refer to here when I asked the question.  I always
do a full backup when there is a major change like this.  The file
server replacement is probably going to be an all weekend job anyway.
Right now the full backup on it takes about 16 hours for the biggest
file system so it's going to take a while to copy.

  zeus: F:\    level=full,    189 GB 15:55:47 1301201 files

When we originally set it up we created 3 virtual drives on one big RAID
5 array and there is contention between the E:\, F:\ & G:\ drives.  On
the new one we will create 4 RAID 5 volumes.  I'm hoping that and the
newer faster hardware will make a significant difference in the time it
takes.  Right now we're backing up 12 client and when I run the full
backup on weekends all of the clients except this one finish in under 2
hours and the 3 drives on this continue for another 14 hours at a speed
that's usually between 5000-15000 KB/Sec.

David Werth
Garmin AT, Inc
Salem, Oregon
dave.werth<at>garmin.com