Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Server Rename

2008-02-15 16:10:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Server Rename
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:06:12 -0600
Hi,
You should not have to rename server for NMC problems, in extreme case you
may need to re-install, but most of the time its the GST process that
needs re-starting.
I am still not clear on what are the errors that prevent networker from
backing up correctly, does networker services start up ? are the devices
online.
Did you have to reset any pools, devices etc, start from beginning and
troubleshoot the most basic functionality like devices, services, you can
start the networker services with -D 9 parameter to get more logging. (
Windows Platform)
If you do not get the problem resolved in time, one of the options to
consider would be to do in-house DR after making sure the server name\TCP
properties  etc are reset to what they were before this happened.( Refer
to DR Guide).
HTH

tkutil <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
02/15/2008 02:32 PM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[Networker] Networker Server Rename

The server was operational, but I needed to rename the server. After that
I could not connect with the management console. I removed and reinstalled
the management console which allowed me to see my configuration again, but
I cannot run backups for any groups including the default group that the
server belongs to. The clients are configured to accept backups from any
networker server and resolve using DNS.

|This was sent by troy.kutil AT milwaukeetool DOT com via Backup Central.

type