Networker

Re: [Networker] best platform for newest networker?

2008-02-13 03:17:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] best platform for newest networker?
From: Hans de Vries <hans.de-vries AT BULL DOT NL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 03:13:02 -0500
Because our company is AIX oriented, we do not have a lot of expirience in
other Unix type platforms. We have a lot of customers using AIX Networker
servers. These AIX servers are very relyable as Networker servers. Also
Windows 2003 systems don't generate a lot of complaints.
My worst expirience is with the few RedHat Networker servers in our parc.

I agree that running a Sun Solaris system can be preferred, because this is
as far as I know the system on which Networker development is taking place,
but only if there is enough Solaris knowledge in your staff.

Hans