Networker

[Networker] Configuring Snapshot Policies

2008-02-05 03:51:38
Subject: [Networker] Configuring Snapshot Policies
From: Nick Tan <nick AT WEHI.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 19:45:15 +1100
Hi All,

I've been looking after our Networker environment here for the past 7
years in a unix environment.  Recently I've been asked to setup a new site
with Networker that includes unix, windows and macintosh clients.

Getting the unix and mac clients to work was simple enough but I'm trying
to get my head around all the new stuff (for me anyway) to do with backing
up windows clients.

Anyway, I have the VSS Client installed on a Windows 2003 server as well
as the VSS license installed on the server.  I'm following the
instructions in the VSS Client for Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Administration Guide.

On page 34 it lists steps to create a snapshot policy.  It says to click
on "Snapshot Policies" in the Administration window of the Networker
Management Console.  Unfortunately for me, there is no "Snapshot Policies"
listed in that section.

Is there anything else I need to do to enable the Snapshot Policies
Configuration item?  Do I need to open up a SR with EMC?

The server is running Networker 7.4.1 on Red Hat Enterprise 4.  The VSS
Client version is 7.3.

Thanks,

Nick

--