Networker

Re: [Networker] backup mssql and directive

2008-01-29 09:34:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] backup mssql and directive
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 09:32:30 -0500
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
01/29/2008 04:16:25 AM:

> Dirk,
>
> > Backup mssql databases with saveset definition mssql: works.
> > But one database is down.
> > How can i exclude this database with a directive ?
>
> Try setting up a directive, something like the following:
>
> << C:\ >>
>     +skip: *.ldf
>     +skip: *.mdf

That skips ALL databases, but on a file system backup (which is not what
MSSQL: is used for; MSSQL: means to use the MS SQL module)

There's a command line option for nsrsqlsv where you can skip a specific
database, altho I don't recall the specifics right now.