Networker

Re: [Networker] Top-posting and quoting

2008-01-28 19:03:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] Top-posting and quoting
From: Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:00:41 +1100
Bottom posting has always seemed plain awkward to me...

Now I have a blackberry, bottom posting is even more of a PITA -
sometimes I have to sit there for about a minute dragging down more and
more quoted stuff I've already read just to get to the actual content of
the email, and yes when It comes to replying I don't have any option
other than to top-post...

But - seems like plenty of people disagree with me...  I think asking
people to trim their quoting is an achievable goal, anything more
prescriptive than that will probably fail to produce a good outcome.

I guess it's one of those situations like which way round to mount a
roll of toilet paper on the holder, 33% think one way, 33% the other,
and 33% don't care.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright
material of Macquarie Group Limited or third parties. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store
or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all
copies of them. Macquarie Group Limited does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's
own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Group Limited.