Networker

Re: [Networker] Top-posting and quoting

2008-01-28 18:32:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] Top-posting and quoting
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 17:28:41 -0600
In regard to: Re: [Networker] Top-posting and quoting, Curtis Preston said...:

_I_ tend to prefer the "can't we all just get along" method.

:-)  Sure, but you realize that "getting along" often boils down to
just
ignoring the folks in the other camp, right?

I ignore you all the time. ;)

You do so at your own peril.  ;-)

I do wonder what a poll of all members of this list would show.
(Although I would only value the results if a quorum of people voted,
and voted only once.

Ah, I disagree with you here too.  Apparently I'm just disagreeable today.
I would use a method similar to what Linus uses (used?) for the kernel
development, whereby the people that contribute the most get the largest
say in plotting a course.

Call me elitist if you wish, but I would place more weight on the opinions
of the people that answer the preponderance of the questions.  The term
you once used for those people was "NetWorker List Superstars".

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                        Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                   (701) 231-1076 (Voice)