Networker

Re: [Networker] Warnings with files opened by LocalService account

2008-01-23 08:27:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Warnings with files opened by LocalService account
From: EAlbert <ealbert AT EARTHLINK DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 08:23:02 -0500
This means the user log was actively being written to when Networker
attempted to back it up.

NTUSER LOG is "in my humble opinion" NOT critical. I would probably ignore
this comment.

If management deems every file critical and this issue continues, it could
may be correctable with scheduling.

Check your logs, find out what process is running during backup time and
consider rescheduling either the process or your backup time.

VSS is another option. VSS allows you to take a snapshot of data even with
open files. It is an expensive option and I know very few people who
need/use it.

Best of luck! /ALE